23 September 2010

The Call ~ May 2010

We'd all been watching the mail for days when Evan's mission call finally arrived from Salt Lake.  We had a few friends and family around when he opened it.  Anticipation was high.  And not just a little speculation on where he might go.  Sweden?, Russia?, Japan?, Germany?, Brazil?, Idaho?

He was ready and willing to serve where ever the Lord sent him.  But lets face it, everyone (no matter how willing), thinks of places they'd prefer or not prefer to go.  I was convinced that since he'd had 2 yrs of high school German with an additional semester of German at BYU and some community classes here at home in beginning Swedish, that he would probably be called to somewhere like Japan.  Terry was holding out for Sweden, where many of his ancestors originate, while at the same time teasing Evan that he'd probably be called to Idaho (not that there's anything wrong with Idaho).  But it would kind of rate right up there with being called to your own home state!  Anyway, Heavenly Father knows best (wasn't there a tv show by that name - years and years and years ago).    Well, as most of you know by now, or have already surmised by the title of this blog - Evan was called to serve for two years in the Germany, Frankfurt Mission.  Good-bye Evan.  Hello Elder Peterson!  Ready! Set! Go!

2 comments:

  1. I left a comment a couple of days ago, but its not showing up. Oh well! The blog looks really good! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! As you know, this whole blog thing is new to me. It's a lot for this old, taxed brain to take in. I takes me a long time to figure things out, but I get so excited when I finally accomplish a new task. It's like a kid with a new bike! I was thrilled to add a picture and EVEN a border around it! Next up widgets?! I bet you're surprised I even know that term, aren't ya?? I've been so proud of myself. I'm going to have to be careful. Pride cometh before the fall!

    ReplyDelete