From Mom -
Remember those erratic emails I mentioned in the last post? Well, they still are! Erratic I mean. This week to my delight, Evan's email arrived on Monday morning, the usual day and time. Imagine my disappointment when I opened the email and it turned out to be the exact same email that I had received the week before. After checking on missionary moms (a website that connects mothers with sons/daughters serving in the same missions), I discovered that similar problems are occurring with other parents emails as well. And, in fact, it doesn't appear to be isolated to the Germany Frankfurt Mission. The same issues are happening with others as well. Im guessing that it's an ldsmail.net thing, since all missionary emails go through them. All I can say is that I hope the situation is fixed soon, where or whatever it's coming from. It's a real bummer waiting for news that doesn't arrive! I'm still hoping that a new email may arrive this week. If nothing else, it would be nice to know which city our Elder is actually in. Wetzlar may have been temporary, since regular transfers were coming up. This young man sure is getting bounced around. Oh well, I guess that just adds to the adventure and to the number of people he can share missionary experiences with. Anyway, when I do hear something new, I'll be sure to post it here. In the meantime, we did receive a package from Evan on the 4th of February. He had sent it the first week of December intending for us to get it for Christmas - ha! ha! He must have sent the package super, super, slow, snail mail! It mostly contained German chocolate bars. One bar for each member of the family including his nieces and nephew! They were very yummy - BTW! Much to our delight, the package also contained an SD card with more pictures from the mission. I'll try to get some of them posted here soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment