29 May 2012

Word from Bonn




5-29-2012

I forgot to tell you about the doctor appointment. All is well with Elder Peterson. I just had an intense case of the Grippe. Nothing too serious. The effects they said would last up to 4-5 weeks. But I'm doing a lot better. Nothing to keep me from working.

Happy Birthday Heather! Happy birthday Dad! Thanks for the birthday wishes and the prizes! For the money and, Chelsea, for the Boy Meets World. Elder Trent and I made the cake and had a bash. We haven't had the chance to go anywhere yet and I have no idea what I would get. We shall see. But thank you thank you thank you!

This last week was crazy. We had three splits and our fast/day of finding. We found this crazy lady who forgot who we were the next day when we had an appointment with her. We were literally thrown out of a student housing place. It was way sketch. We heard this girl scream from one room and there were lots of thuds and bumps. We got closer to the door and this guy opened the door and the girl was like 'Get out!' The guy was way flustered. He saw us and it only took two seconds before he was yelling at us. He grabbed me by the back of the neck and Elder Trent by his back pack and started shoving us into the elevator. We were ticked. I told the guy, 'Hey, you don't have to touch us.' And he was like, 'Doch!' He told us it was illegal what we were doing (which it's not) and said he would call the police. I've had that tons of times before where people ask me to leave a building or they threaten to call the police. But this guy grabbed us and threw us out. We had a hard time getting a good spirit back with us. But we also found a lady whose mom hears voices. We did find a new investigator so overall it was a great experience.

This week is the last week of the transfer. We're pretty sure we're not staying together. Whatever happens will probably determine the last chunk of my mission. The mission is full of old missionaries and I see a lot of dying ones. Pray I don't lose the desire to work! I'm really nervous for that. Thanks for the love, support, and prayers! Love ya! Tschüss!

Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment