20 August 2012

Word from Regensburg 8-20-2012


HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEY!!!

I guess the trunk is unavoidable. I got another mega super trunky email this week - final departure info. Mensch. I don't really know what to think right now.

I did take out money. We went to Nürnberg last p-day so I could make some final purchases and show Elder Krieger some of the sights. I bought a 58-euro suit. It's a black one, European cut. My black one from my senior year of high school is kind of small. I could get it tailored probably. It's not terribly small. I also got a small duffle for a carry on. I might not have to send anything home. 

Restaurants and meals; Well, I've missed Mexican food, REAL hamburgers and Pizza not made by Turks. I hope that is something to work with. Anything that falls under that category would be great.

Concerning things missionary oriented :) We finally were able to meet with our awesome family this last week. For the two previous weeks they have been unavailable. She has told us that she knows the Restoration took place and that the Book of Mormon is true. She is way receptive to the Spirit. Her husband is still getting there. Isn't that how it usually works? I'm way sad to be leaving them and the new missionary better be good to them. They are the future of the Branch here in Regensburg. I'll get a picture.

You're right about the next week going by fast. We're pretty busy the whole week, saying goodbye to people and such. Everyone keeps reminding me that I go home soon. Yesterday at church was ridiculous! Oh well. I'm used to it. Like I said, this is all really... weird. I just feel awkward and bipolar about this whole going home thing. Blah.

Well! Love you all. Thanks for the prayers. The gospel is true. I love my Savior. I love my mission. Mensch, this is hard.

Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment