Friday, Sept. 10th, 2010
Before hitting the road for Utah we had Evan record a new message for our answering machine. Great idea, right? I thought so. Since we only get to talk to him at Christmas and Mothers Day over the next two years, it only made sense to have his voice recorded. Now, whenever our answering machine goes off we hear Evan repeating the message. The catch is that I was envisioning his normal voice. However, I was out voted by all other residents of our home. So if you happen to call us and get the machine, don't be fooled. No - we didn't hire a British servant. I actually ended up really liking the accent, even though it doesn't sound exactly like my son - you can still tell it's him. It's kind of cute (don't tell Evan I said that) and humorous. And in this house we're all about humor! It keeps us on our toes. And as an added bonus, not only do we get to hear Evan's voice every day, but it has cut way down on the number of unwanted marketing calls we receive. I think they hear the British accent and think they've reached the UK by mistake and they just hang up!! What an added blessing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment