30 June 2011

Word from Wesel - May 23, 2011

5-23-2011

Well, you're right! The world did not end. Even our favorite shy investigator scoffed at the false prophets and their predictions. The past few days have been sunny and warm so when we woke up on Saturday morning to see ominous cloudy skies and a thick fog covering the city we thought maybe there was some truth. Nope. Not so.

Speaking of our favorite investigator, he kind of has his answer that the church is true. He has felt and recognized the spirit while reading a conference talk from President Uchtdorf. But he hasn't had that same confirming spiritual witness while reading the Book of Mormon as he had while reading the talk. So he says he can't say that it is from God. We've spent a lot of time talking about how recognizing truth can also be an answer and that everything good comes from God but you can't just tell someone what their answer is - tough but the highlight of our life right now.
  
I'm not sure what I will want by the end of my mission. We’ll have to see. Would we just do a trip to Germany or do what we did 4 years ago?

The Allergy meds were safe. And it was a surprise. Elder H and I got all excited, opened the box, undid the paper towels and then just stared at it and said, 'oh.' But much appreciated! Thank You! :)

As you will see in my next batch of photos, Elder H and I splurged a little bit and bought some legos for p-days and lunch breaks. I promise I won't be throwing my money out for random stuff all the time. We just look for ways to stay sane but still focused.

Yes that was Elder M renting the dress shirt :)

Well! I hope memorial weekend is awesome. So far I haven't been too homesick about missing that but mal schauen. I hope schooling or other endeavors won't prevent me from missing future memorial weekends :( Lots of love! Thanks for all the love, support and prayers. Tschüss!

Love
Elder Evan

PS Which movie will you all be seeing for the weekend???

No comments:

Post a Comment