29 November 2010

MTC - Day 1

Sept.16, 2010
I only have 15 min. to email today so I will be brief but normally I will have 30 min. So yesterday was the first day as you know. All those anxious feelings associated with entering
the MTC just kind of melted away as soon as I walked through the doors. They have a very slick system as far as checking you in. It moves so fast that you don't even have time to feel home sick or anything. That is the whole idea centered around the MTC that you are so busy you don't have time to think about anything else. The check in was kind of like an assembly line. One sister or elder would direct you to the next step whether it was obtaining a nametag or getting the meal card. Haven't met the branch president yet. I will be doing that tonight. Most of my time is spent in my classroom with my district, which consists of 5 companionships. However, one of the elders isn't here yet... don't know what that is about. My companion is Australian! Not like Alex from summer semester at BYU but a real Australian. His name is Elder W and he’s quite the celebrity, being the only Australian. There is a lot I can learn from him. I have taken one picture so far. That probably doesn't even put a dent in the average you are expecting but I'm trying.

After we checked in yesterday we went to an orientation meeting and had dinner and then we went to a mock investigator meeting type thing. There were fifty of us in a room and there were "investigators" who we had to teach. They were actually members, but they were converts so they shared their conversion story.
                                                                                                           
Funny thing. I have seen two other Elders who were in my ward at BYU during fall semester. AND! Another kid from my German class during fall came in the same day I did. We're in the same building and both saw each other and were like, "Hey!" That was about it. Funny though.

I'm trying to think about what else but it all comes and goes so fast I can't remember everything, which is why Dad said to write it all down in the journal of course. Let me know what's going on there please! I will try and write letters but we only do that on P days. I probably have more time to write actual letters but I prefer the E Mail.

The spirit is strong and I am ready to learn and get lost in the work. We haven't dived into the language yet but we're almost there. All of us have some sort of previous German language experience. My comp Elder W knows a lot of Swiss German. I've heard it though and it is quite different from traditional German. Anyways. Lots of love!

Tschuss!

Elder Peterson
                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment