3-21-2011
I'm not ready to be a senior companion! But I guess with how young our mission is, it is unavoidable. Elder C is being transferred to Essen and I am staying here in Wesel to golden-bust Elder H. Transfer day is Wednesday. Elder H is only one cycle younger than me and considering the fact that I have only been in the field for four months should make this transfer a pretty humbling experience. I wouldn't say I'm struggling with the language but I still have a long ways to go before I can understand 100 percent what everyone is saying to me. It will be an intense transfer just from the standpoint that Elder C and I planned on some pretty intense appointments with our eternal investigators. I need the Lord's help more than ever!
I've slowly heard more and more about Japan. We actually were at a less aktives house this last week and he was devastated by it all. He had us watch the news while we were there, which isn't mission rules but he felt very strongly that we needed to see what was going on. I feel so cut off from the world!
I will get a picture of my shoes off to you next week. I haven't seen a shoe repair place since Erfurt but I will look for one. Depending on how expensive it is it would definitely be worth it to repair them.
That family in that picture should probably be Familie F. We didn't get too many pictures with members (leide) and that I think was one of the few that we did.
My allergies have not started acting up yet. Being the first day of spring though I did start taking my nose spray today. St. Patrick’s day was uneventful. I don't think it is very big here. I didn't see anything St Patricky.
I wanted to ask for some addresses if that is at all possible. I would like one for Gpa, K & M, P & J... I think that is everyone. That would be the best favor ever!
Also, a member here, who’s from South Africa, wanted me to find out about a certain missionary serving in England who’s from South Africa and had an accident. I told her that I had a couple friends in England and she thought I could find out some more about the situation. It think she said the London, England mission. Was R in the London or the Leeds? I thought London. If so, have you heard anything from the R updates your getting about a missionary from South Africa who had a really bad accident?
How's the missionary work in Marysville doing? I know a couple of weeks ago you said the missionaries were coming over to make a mission plan or something. How did that go?
We had an appointment on last p-day right after I sent my weekly email with a guy who could be way legit. He walked 5km to come meet with us and was reading in the B of M on his own and said he really wants to find out what is true. We teach him in English because he lived in England for 2 years and likes the practice. But I hope he stays interested. He's met with people from other religions before; trying to find out what is right but felt they were too pushy. I don't want to get my hopes up but he could be our golden investigator. Everyone else needs to be kicked in the pants. Maybe I'm too cruel or too impatient. But seriously, if you want to know, you will DO something about it. You can't get an answer unless you DO something.
Well, a new week and a new cycle. Maybe this is the experience that has been placed before me to get me out of my comfort zone. I'm going to need help!
Thanks for all of your love and support and prayers. This work is important!
Love you all! Tschüss!
Elder Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment