Here are some translations that you might find helpful. Evan has a tendency to mix German in with his English, which I’ve heard is quite common for foreign serving/speaking missionaries. ~ Pat
Glaube ich – I think
Tschüssed – said good-bye to
Mal schauen – we’ll see / time will tell
4-11-2011
The problem with the phone number thing is that mothers day is in a new cycle. There is still that potential of me being transferred, though not likely (knock on wood). Last time it was easier scheduling a time as well because I was with a European companion so he could call in the morning and I could call in the evening. We will see this time how it works out. Elder H and I will talk about that.
Basically Elder H and I have a lot of fun while still working hard, which is a good combination glaube ich. We're a pretty good combo. This last week has been quite the test. After ZoKo we decided that we needed to really consecrate ourselves and have more faith that we can find people who are ready to be taught. I know numbers don't really matter but just so you get an idea of what we are working with, this last week we had a total of 3 lessons with investigators and 1 with a convert. Two of those investigators we Tschüssed and we had several others that Tschüssed us over the phone. Our teaching pool is down to nothing pretty much but we have decided after a good plan and a fast and lots of praying that this week is going to change. I won't go into those details but I think it is possible based on our faith and willingness/readiness to act on that faith, and of course, if it is the will of the Lord.
We had an appointment with one investigator we Tschüssed which really made me quite sad. He wanted to meet with us I think because he secretly knows it's true but just can't change and admit that he is wrong. It was in English so it got intense in a loving way. We answered all his questions even though he couldn't accept them. He was very quiet and said what he always says 'I cannot believe.' I don't get it. He wouldn't even try. We finally said goodbye. We have since then come up with the idea for a short film about J and what we said to him finally clicking and realizing he needs to get baptized. It's pretty funny so far. I really (not secretly) want it to happen.
That same day we hurried to catch our bus home at the Bahnhof. Bus # SB58 - the same bus everytime. Little did I know that there are two SB58s. We were driving for a long time and the scenery looked different than usual. We decided to get off and see if we couldn't find a bus back. We did so and checked the bus stop times. But it wasn't in German. 'Elder, is that Dutch?` 'The liscense plates... they're all yellow!' 'Wait! Does that say... zatertag?` 'NOOOOOOOO!'
Sure enough, we were in the Netherlands. Our bus cards didn't work out there or our phone so we walked 15 Km back to our area where we got a ride to where we originally started at bahnhof. President Ninow thought it was pretty funny. You can see the pictures with the package I am sending soon.
Sure enough, we were in the Netherlands. Our bus cards didn't work out there or our phone so we walked 15 Km back to our area where we got a ride to where we originally started at bahnhof. President Ninow thought it was pretty funny. You can see the pictures with the package I am sending soon.
Speaking of packages, can I request Cheetos in the next one? - if at all possible.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Pray for missionary opportunities in your area! We are praying intensively for the people here to open their hearts and realize how important what we are saying is. I've decided to just be as bold, blunt and honest as possible. I hate beating around the bush. Mal schauen.
Love,
Elder Evan
| Yep, Elders Peterson and Hogan got on the wrong bus and left their area... and the zone...and the Mission... and the COUNTRY! (They ended up in the Netherlands) ![]() |

No comments:
Post a Comment