19 April 2011

Word from Wesel - April 18, 2011


Here are a few translations again.  I wonder if he’s dreaming in German yet.  ~ Pat

egal – no matter
tschüssed – said good-bye to
Meine Gute – my good / this is good
Mal schauen – we’ll see / time will tell
alles in ordung ist – everything is in good order

4-18-2011

We saw lots of miracles this last week. We know the Lord has been ready to bless this area it was just a matter of our faith and willingness to act on that faith. Not only that but being well planned and prepared. We jumped from the average 4-5 lessons a week to 13, found 4 new investigators and set a baptismal date. It’s been 4 cycles since Wesel has seen that many lessons and 5 cycles since a baptismal date. I know that numbers are egal but we decided to change and really set things in motion. Sure enough! We were blessed. Even our best investigator who we tschüssed last week called us up and said that he prayed and wants to move forward. Meine Gute! Hard week but we saw miracles. Our hope is that we can sustain that same mentality and spirit and make it a regular thing. Without burning ourselves out of course. Elder H and I work well together in the sense that we work hard but still have a lot of fun. 

Thanks for the package! I’m pretty sure the cheetos were an inspiration. I especially appreciated the Pilates book (tough stuff) and the 12 days of Easter countdown. It is always fun to see what a package holds! I hope my package reaches you sooner rather than later like the last one. I asked for luftpost this time but when she gave me two options I chose the less expensive. Mal schauen!

My shoe size on my eccos is 42 but if alles in ordung ist can we try 40? If not, 42 is fine. The pictures are in the package.

They approved skype for Christmas calls so I don’t know if that is the same case for mother’s day. I don’t know how that works though. You have our number (assuming I stay here) and you are supposed to call us. It will be on Sunday and we will actually be at a member’s house but you probably won’t call us till it is late our time. Except, when do you have church? If you can give us an idea of when would be best for you then we can plan around that. If we do skype we would have to do that at a members house.

I still have about half a jar of JIFF left. 

Is the Lovely Bones girl old enough to be shooting people in the head?

I don’t know if I should be spreading rumors... but Elder H told me, who was told by his trainer, who was told by President N, who was told by Elder Nelson that people in Germany will flock to the church because it is the only light left in the world. And that it would happen in President N lifetime and Elder Nelson`s lifetime. 

Anyways! All is well in Wesel! I miss family, I miss Washington, I miss movies... but it is all worth it. I can’t believe that I have been out for 7 months! 

Can’t wait to see the Chevy!

And sorry about the trampoline :(

Love

Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment