Family!!
Well, I don't think I will be visiting any of those historical sights in Erfurt because well... I'm not in Erfurt anymore! I got blitzed, meaning they transfered me mid-cycle. Usually blitzing has bad connotations (does that have two N's?) like someone who wrecked a car or was getting friendly with a girl. I can assure you that that is not the case with me. Apparently one of the new Goldens that came in at the start of the new cycle went home (too bad) and they needed a new companion for the trainer. The easiest thing to do was take the two ZL buddies from Erfurt and send them off. Elder O went with that one Elder and I was sent to Usingen to be in a drit (note from Mom: drit means third or in context here - a companionship of three) because a drit with two ZL just doesn't make sense. So yeah! I'm in Usingen. The ward is really big and really strong. It's fairly new too. They meet right outside the temple in Friedricksdorf which is really cool. This means I get to go to the temple more often! Sweet! We are actually going tomorrow so I'm pretty stoked. We also have an area seventy in our ward which is pretty intense.
But yeah! President came up to me during Zone Conference and was like, 'Did you get along with Elder M in the MTC?' I told him that I thought so and he just kind of smiled and walked away. The whole rest of conference Elder H and I were stressing out because we knew something bad was going to happen. Way random!
I didn't think I would, but I actually miss Erfurt. Not as much now as the first night or two. But I was homesick for Erfurt. Usingen is really different. Our area is more of a collection of dorfs (note from Mom: dorfs means villages) whereas Erfurt was like an actual city. Living in the city center and talking with lots of crazy people is going to be something I miss for a while. But again, I never thought I would. Erfurt was my home and I was just tossed out of there like nothing. It really screws up my family history as far as my trainers and there posterity (as we call it). Note from Mom: he's talking mission family history here. Apparently, now days in the mission field the missionaries compare their companionships to family history. I'm already on my fifth companion for the mission. The trainer I am with leaves at the end of this cycle and the other drit member I was actually in the MTC with which is pretty cool. But yeah! Don't send anything to Erfurt. My new address is,
Westerfelderweg 12
61250 Usingen
Germany
That is too bad about the memory card. Any idea why it was fried? I sent that one on Monday. They've changed postage rules so it is pretty cheap to send stuff. That package was only 75 cents. But Elder C (new trainer) said that there is some kind of rule, a loose rule, but a rule about sending that sort of stuff. I don't really understand it myself but maybe some angry German tampered with it. No idea! I did back it up though. I guess I could copy the photos over to the next card I send but that just means you have to wait longer. Those photos are way better than the ones in the package which is too bad. Hopefully the cold weather didn't fry the card because that means you'll have another broken card heading your way with the old weihnachts markt food (probably gone bad).
Yeah the homesick stuff isn't too big of a deal but I either ignore thoughts of home and get a little depressed or I think about home and get a little depressed. So I just take it. That is all I can do. It's tough being around Elders who are leaving soon because they talk about all this stuff they are going to do when they get home which is kind of like a big slap in the face. I should be more grateful for the time I have left! I'm trying to get to that point where all I want to do is stay out in the field and cry at the idea of going home. I see those missionaries and don't understand. I'm so jealous! I just don't know how to get to that point. President says we need to put out all thoughts of worldly things like music and movies which is nearly impossible for me to do. I don't want to be an annoying missionary but I also don't want to be missing home so much. I don't know. Just have to figure it out I guess. I'm anxious to see what happens with the next cycle. I will no longer be a golden and this whole blitzing thing will be old news.
Do you know how C.H. is doing? I sent him a letter when I was in the MTC but I don't know if he ever got it or not. Is he back in Arizona with his mom? Is he planning on going back out? C.W. too! Is he better yet?
I was at Zone Conference talking to one of the Senior Elders and he was asking me if I knew Bill B ( is that how you spell it?). He knew him in Arizona apparently. Random! I told him that Bro. B had passed away and he wasn't too surprised, I guess he knew him a while ago.
Random Q: How can I get registered to vote?
Lastly I just want everyone to know that just because I don't write you all individually does not mean I don't love you. I just simply have no time! I have this fear that 2 years away with limited contact is going to destroy every relationship I have... which is not cool. I will try to write more I promise.
Love,
Elder Evan
Note from Mom: Terry says, “He’s(Evan) feeling just about how I felt in January 1977 in Denmark”.
No comments:
Post a Comment