27 January 2011

Word from Usingen 1-24-2011

Well the cold weather is back. No snow, just a drop in temperature. B is getting married?! What the crazy!! Wish her congrats for me. I won't meet the guy for a while :/

As far as my living quarters here go, they are still way nice. I've been spoiled the first part of my mission. Every Elder that comes over makes a comment about how nice our place is. We rent out the top floor of this one guy's place. He and his girlfriend redid the upstairs themselves and it looks way nice. The stairs and downstairs are still in the reconditioning phase but he does a little here and there and it gradually improves with each day. This guy's mother is actually a member which is way random but kind of cool. He likes to talk English with us as well as his GF. He actually reminds me a lot of Elder W with how he looks, talks and all of his mannerisms. way random but true.

Yes I did get the PB krispie treat recipe which I am grateful for!

Sorry the nuts were stale :/ They are way good fresh, but that was like a month and a half ago. Speaking of which! I've been in the field longer than the MTC! It's like a milestone or something, I would say. I gave a talk in Church yesterday which I was surprised that it went as well as it did. I really could tell a difference from when I entered the MTC and the field as well. Everything is coming along. I think the thing I like the most about this work is talking to all of the interesting people. I don't really realize it during, but after a lesson I just kind of realize how cool it is to be talking to all of these different people about the gospel and help them really understand the Gospel. We taught a lesson to this one guy in a catholic church (which we got kicked out of) and he stopped us for a moment so we could just sit and appreciate the sound of the church bells.

Then of course there are all of those crazy people who make life even more exciting than it should be. We came out of a dönner shop with the Wetterau Elders and this Russian lady stopped us to tell us that she prays everyday for our church to fall. Elder L told her directly, 'Das ist nicht so nett.' He tried to wish her a good day and shake her hand but she backed away scared (which was pretty funny). One thing I've learned is to just look at everything from the right perspective. More and more situations and observations just become amusing to me.

I will definitely try and get some family history worked out. Our members here are way solid.

I'm sure I'll remember something else to write about in a little bit but for now...

Tschüß!
Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment