Xanten – a historic town located in the district of Wesel;
Germany’s biggest archaeological open-air museum
'Archaeological Park Xanten' on the site of the ancient
Roman city of Colonia Ulpia Traiana.
Germany’s biggest archaeological open-air museum
'Archaeological Park Xanten' on the site of the ancient
Roman city of Colonia Ulpia Traiana.
Kämpf – fight
Alles gute – all good
Tschüss - bye
April 25, 2011
I'm glad to hear that the package got there safely along with the photos. That was my biggest concern seeing as how I couldn't transfer the photos over to my USB. We have found a new Internet shop though so that is no longer a problem.
Claritin wouldn't hurt, mainly a decongestant. I used up most of it when I got a cold a couple months ago.
I think if you call me at 8 PM our time so that would be 11 AM your time that would be ideal. 9 our time wasn't too bad but 8 would be better.
This is assuming I stay in Wesel. There could be a country code or area code but I'll be honest when I say I have no idea what it is. Didn't you have it figured out from last time? When will the R’s be doing their call to J?
The spraying of the glass of liquid was a visual aid we did for our Sunday school class. We wanted to test it out but it involves food coloring and chemicals so we were afraid of developing some poisonous gasses. But I can promise you that it was safe considering the fact that I am still here today.
We did Xanten last P-Day, which was really fun except for the fact that we had no Foam swords :( We wanted to kämpf in the arena but it just didn't work out. Once we find swords we are going to go back. We could totally go there when we take our family trip through.
As far as shoes, does the company pay for the replacement or CTR clothing? I don't want them to have to shell out an expensive pair of shoes. I thought Ecco themselves had a warranty.
I did withdraw a big chunk of money a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying not to spend too much money but having funds in there is always helpful. There are some things I want to get towards the end of my mission, which could take bigger chunks of funds like lederhosen and a European cut suit. Actually, I've seen really good suits here for under 100 euro. One elder got a pretty nice suit on sale for 45 euro. That was a steal. So I'm trying not to throw out too much money at the moment.
Easter we spent at the familie F's. We had a BBQ and Bru. F showed us his Star Wars Lego collection. We were home in the evening but we found out the hard way it was not a very effective time to do finding so we ended up staying inside and working on our giant map. I really appreciated the 12 days of Easter thing. But I have to ask... is that picture of me on my plaque thing??? Just curious.
The chevy sounds awesome. Has B T seen it yet?
Let me know about the wedding! And pictures! I like pictures. Even just pictures in general. This is the last week of the cycle. Transfer calls on Saturday (hopefully). I swear this cycle just started.
I probably shouldn't be concerned about this but I've seen posters for Thor and it says that it is being released on Apr. 28th here in Germany. That is technically out of the summer blockbuster time frame. Does it look any good? Or will it flop? J, Wesel's returned missionary and favorite joint teach, said it looked pretty good. He sometimes gives us updates on what the movie world looks like. But I also appreciate the updates from home. Tell Chelsea that the Battle for LA music has my stamp of approval.
Well! That is pretty much everything I can think of. I hope Elder H and I stay together. We work hard but have tons of fun. You don't get this kind of experience anywhere else. Alles gute! Tschüss!
Love
Elder Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment