07 May 2011

Word from Wesel - May 2, 2011


Translations
         Wegen – because
         Leide – suffer
         Das ist alles – that’s all
         Tschüss – bye


May 2, 2011

I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding! It sounds like it was an awesome experience. Congrats to B!

Important notice about phone calls: Calling me at 8 PM my time would be best. Elder H's family is calling him at 6:30 PM our time. We have a loose hour for phone calls. Keep it around an hour he said.

From the fact that Elder H's family is still calling Wesel, you can probably infer that we stayed together in Wesel... and you would be right! I get a third cycle in Wesel and a second with Elder H. I'm looking forward to it. 

Funny you mentioned that Osama was taken out. We just got a call from the District Leader who was passing on the news from the ZLs that we should only speak German when we are out on the streets and to not attract too much attention to ourselves as being American wegen the Osama take out. There are a lot of Turkish people in Germany... probably just as many as there are Germans. Not to say that every single one supports Osama but it is more of a precaution. Kind of exciting I think!  (A 19 year olds idea of exciting; definitely not his mothers idea of exciting! - Pat) 

J served in Spain. He speaks German, Spanish and English. I'm so jealous.

I actually did buy Settler's auf Deustch. I got that the end of my second cycle. We played that game a lot as a district but leide in this district we are so far out in the boonies that we never have district P-Days. I also still have those German Pokemon cards :) and I bought some German Magic cards. I haven't really had too much of an opportunity to use any of those recently. I'll find some time to play a game of something soon.

So Elder H's and my favorite investigator is our giant German man who we call Q-Man because his name starts with a Q. He is the nicest most open and ready person I've seen so far on my mission and loves everything we teach him. We had 2 appointments this last week only separated by a day and in that time he read the whole book of Ether on his own without us asking him to. He is just way solid.

I also heard something about Sony going under because of some hacking thing. Is that true?

I got a letter from M R that was sent by you I believe.

I have a request from Elder H. There is some music on my iPod that he would like. I was wondering if someone could go onto my computer and burn these CDs for me. You can even take money from my bank account to buy blank CDs and then he can pay me back or something. I hope that is not annoying having just sent a ton of music to me already. If it is not too much trouble he would like...

All the Beethoven
All the Motabs
All 6 Star Wars soundtracks
All 3 Pirates
Sherlock Holmes
Star Trek (the new one)
Inglorious

Das ist alles!

So no, nothing was molding or growing on our desk. Funny/not really funny story though. Wegen Easter, we had some trash sitting around for an extra week als normal. We stowed it in the attic because it was beginning to stink due to some of the raw meat we had tossed away. When we went to take it out there was a whole in one of the bags and maggots spilled out onto the attic floor. That was fun. We had fly problems for a little while. Never throwing away raw meat again with Germany's awful trash system. 

Well! We get calls this Sunday! Looking forward to it. Talk to you soon! Tschüss!

Love
Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment