Interesting note: we had been pronouncing the town that Elder Peterson is currently serving in as (vessel) Wesel. After talking to Evan on Mother's Day, we learned that it is pronounced (vasal - like nasal except with a "v" not an "n").
Translations:
Einfach – simply; humbly
Dankbarkeit – gratitude
Geld – money
Fuß – foot (walking street?) the ß symbol translates to ss in English
Hörspiels – radio play
Und – and
Davon geht die welt nicht unter – It’s not the end of the world
Ich wollt ich waer ein huhn – I wish I were a chicken
Tschüss - bye
5-9-2011
Happy Mothers Day! I feel like a bad son for forgetting to wish my wonderful Mother a happy mothers day. I think the excitement from getting to talk with the family was just too overwhelming. I don't think I express my gratitude enough either for how grateful I am for all the support I get. Whether it is the emails or packages or music or shoes... Thank you einfach.
Elder H also expresses his dankbarkeit for the music and the warning.
I forgot to tell you of my adventures in purchasing music here. We were in a bookstore one P-Day looking to see what was available in terms of missionary approved stuff. We found a CD of instrumental James Bond theme songs from some of the Sean Connery and Roger Moore films. We were so excited that it was only 6 euro, that we dished out the cash and ran home as fast as we could to listen to it. To our dismay, every single track is some awful poppy sounding organ and we wanted to cry after having wasted such precious geld on such an awful collection of music. Surprisingly though, it has grown on us. Now we listen to it regularly and even hum our favorites as we walk the fuß.
Also, when I was in Usingen there were some Elders who had some Star Wars hörspiels, which are just an audio recording of the movie but in German. Quoting Star Wars in German is a favorite past time among most elders so those are a treasure. Sadly, President N banned them so we don't listen to them :( But I have started to collect them :) The first time I heard Han Solo repeat a quote from the movie in German I was hooked, something to look forward to when I get home.
Those songs that Elder H and I were looking for the lyrics for from the IB soundtrack are thus,
Davon geht die welt nicht unter
und
Ich wollt ich waer ein huhn
If it's possible to send in the next email or something that would be awesome!
What about S W? Is he going on a mission?
Well! That pretty much sums everything up. I look forward to the next Christmas call. It is a little bit farther away but all the same I think we can manage. Hope all is well! Stay safe and healthy!
Tschüss!
Love
Elder Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment