02 April 2012

Word From Nürnberg 3-12-2012

Ok - I've been bad.  What can I say - life happens and blogs take the back burner.  There's no way that I'm going to catch up on all the week's I've missed posting.  As the "pioneer women" would say, "I'm just keeping it real here."  And to be honest I can't promise that I won't get behind again.  Don't judge me.

Evan's Mom



3-12-2012

Tough but great last week for C. We took her to the baptism in the Feucht ward, which is where her new ward will be. Half the ward consists of family from President Schwartz and they were all awesome and loving. Her parents are OK with her joining the church but she got a call from her sister that day who said she was making a mistake. She said she was joining a sect and stuff like that. All the members in Feucht just loved her to pieces and now she doesn't want to go anywhere else. She's the kind of person that is shy/scared at first but once she finds it familiar she is happier than can be. On the train ride back she was like, 'harr bis ans  ende aus!.' That is to say, endure to the end. She gets it. She was Baptized yesterday!!!! She will then receive the gift of the Holy Ghost next Sunday. Our ward is so cool. The baptismal room was full of members that stayed extra after church to see the baptism and support her. They gave her flowers and everyone swarmed her afterwards. She'll be ok. It won't be easy but she's said it herself that she is happier and wants to follow Christ. That's what it's all about!

C's baptism
I don't know if I told you this story already but Elder C and I were trying to do some finding time in one part of the city and he stopped this lady on the street who looked suspiciously like a _ _. He asked her something and she went right for the purse. I just thought in my mind 'no...' she pulled out a bible and again I thought more loudly 'No...' and then she opened it. The easily recognizable new world translation. 'NO!!!' Elder C had no clue. She said she was going to a bible class and Elder C asked if we could come. She joyfully led us, like gollum to mordor, to a Königreich Saal. People were flocking I swear, there were just too many. She brought us into the big meeting room and Elder C still had no idea. She showed us off to everyone and then ran to their little library of free material. She gave us a song book, a bunch of watchtowers and a hardcover copy of the NWT bible. I have a collection of this stuff building anyways so I was pleased. We didn't stay the whole time but I am still impressed with how nice they are and how false their doctrine is. Oh well. I just thought it was funny because Elder C had no idea until she gave us all the material with the name _ _ _ _ _ _ all over it. We laughed about that for a long time.

I want to hear more about your conversion story, mom. Kind of like dad's mission, I've never really asked you that much about it. Being on my mission I have developed a lot more interest for the past/family history. 

Do we have a time frame for the Europe trip? 

I can't go a couple days without hearing something about Mitt Romney. I'm looking forward to the election. I still have tons of time but I can't help but think about some of these things that will come after the mission. My technical 'sister Mission' is vorbei this week. I don't want to poop out at the end of my mission like I have seen in lots of missionaries.

I did not find a hat last week. I'll probably get one next week. I'll have to if it is my last pday. Everyone seems to think that I will be transferred. I would love to stay and would be sad to go. I'll find out on Saturday with transfer calls! Question then concerning a hat - do you think that gray would be better? Or green with my lighter colored lederhosen and blue shirt? I think gray.

Tell K congrats!

I'm staying happy. I pray the same for you! Spread the word! Love ya! Tschüss!

Elder Evan


No comments:

Post a Comment