25 October 2011

Word from Nürnburg Oct. 24, 2011


schöne grüße – nice greetings


What's with all of the missionary injury? I knew about the G's nephew. It was big news at ZoKo and they told us that he was only home for a very short time before he got sent back out. I knew A and F were a thing. I think it was like that since freshman year of high school. IDK if they were always an item but they were always together. I don't want to get sent home because I know how hard it would be to come back out. There were a couple other missionaries that went home from our mission due to surgery. One isn't returning because he needs a 6-month recovery and he was already more than half way done. That would be tough. Schöne Grüße on the F and A.

Star Wars sounds great! I've seen it in the stores. It looks awesome.

What would I want to know about your mission... I think just the fact that it is an emotional and spiritual roller coaster. I don't think anyone can be fully prepared for it. It is the hardest thing I've ever done but also the best. I can't describe it but there seem to be several aspects. Yeah, there are the glory stories but the part that taxes you I never really grasped. I know when I finally do go home that the whole experience will feel like a dream. The real world and the MTC already feel that way. I don't think what anyone could have told me would have prepared me. I'm just glad I have my Tschüß book because I think that will be the one thing that will have captured my mission the best. I don't know what you could have told me, Dad. But I definitely want to know more about your mission.

This last week was crazy. I fell apart physically myself. Something I ate towards the beginning of the week tore apart my insides. I haven’t been the same since but I think I'm leveling out. I was able to handle a Döner on Friday so that is good news. Nothing to worry about but that was the highlight of the week - Yuck. Missionary work has been struggling. We don’t really have any investigators and don't know yet where to find them... but we are still seeing success!

I think Elder A and I will be getting lederhosen today. We really hope we stay together for Christmas so that we can make Christmas cards and send them to our MTC teachers and other people. I know that shouldn't be the main reason for wanting to stay together but it would be a bonus.

I got to ride home with president the other day from Würzburg back to Nürnberg. That was an hour of awesomeness. And he bought me a Kit Kat.

Lots of love! Tschüss!
Elder Evan
Nürmberg - Building On The Water and flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment