Dec. 20, 2010
That is indeed our phone number. _______________. Definitely try it out if needs be. The country code is 49 I think, and you might need to know an area code. But to be honest I have no idea how that works. Elder Dieduksman's Mom called this morning. It was pretty funny. We're the only two using that phone though and his family is on the same time zone we are so you can call pretty much whenever. The 25th is the busiest day but you can still call I think. The first presidency approved Skype for calling home but I think it is too late to try and figure out what to even do for that. Next call we can try. 6-8 our time we'll be at the Branch president's house. So if you call around 8-9 our time that might be better, but whatever works. You could even call on the 26th if you wanted to. It might be too late to plan for that though, IDK. Try the number though! I don't want to miss the call. Elder D almost missed his last year because his number didn't fit in his family's phone plan. Luckily he could do it at a member's house.
Caroling has been one of the craziest experiences ever! So many weird and socially awkward people live in these apartment complexes where we carol. Lot's of cool things happen... but weird stuff too. For example! It was my turn to talk so I klingled and waited for the door to open. It opens and I start talking to this lady who I didn't realize was naked at first. Completely naked. Then I turned away and looked at Elder D who looked back at me. I tried to say something but couldn't. There was this long awkward pause and then Elder D said, 'Wir gehen weiter (we're moving on).' And we left! I don't think she was all there. Elder Owens said we sinned because we turned away the naked. Very funny Elder Owens. My brain is scarred for life!
On the other hand...
We talked with this one guy who didn't speak very good German and at first wanted to turn us away because he didn't understand why we were there. But once it was clear that we were singing he agreed. He happened to be on the phone at the time when we sang and this person on the phone was like, 'come over to my place and sing for me!' So we ran across the street while this guy was shouting directions from his window and eventually found the place. This lady was so cool! She was from Iraq and spoke perfect German. She's catholic but just loves talking with anyone about Christ, especially at this time of year. Now we have a return appointment with her! It was so random but really cool.
Our singing has gone a long way. We've spent a long time preparing this one song and sang it at our ward party. While caroling this concierge lady loved it so much she asked us to come to her church and sing it. Which we did! IT was so cool. It was this tiny Christian church where everyone is like, 'Praise the Lord!' 'The Lord is good!' Stuff like that. It was weird at times but also really interesting. Oh! And that ward party... So there is this one Elderly Man who is a member and has a 30 year old lady friend (weird I know) who is an investigator. And she brought these chocolate ball things. I was sitting with Elder Owens at this one table and he tried one. He said it was interesting and unexpected. In the Elder Owens way of saying things he's like, 'Try it, just try it Elder Peterson.' So I did and it was unexpected and interesting. Right after that Elder Feher comes over and is like, 'Don't eat the chocolate balls. I'll tell you why later.' What were the odds! Elder Owens and I laughed at the situation but apparently there was Rum in these so called chocolate balls. Und natürlich the missionaries didn't find out till after they ate them. Hey I ate Rabbit too. That was later though.
I am warm. Right now I think I'm good on thermal garments, but thanks for the thought! Right now I am in love with this only using a comforter thing. So wonderful! Note from mom - most places in Europe don't use top sheets on there beds. They just use a bottom sheet with a comforter on top. Terry loved this as well when he served in Denmark years and years and years ago! He claims there's no top sheet to get tangled up in!
Love you all!
Elder Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment