02 December 2010

Word From the MTC - Oct. 14, 2010

At this time tomorrow I will have officially been on the mission for a month! I'm still learning a lot but I won't deny I am ready to get out of here. Not that I don't like it but more I feel experience is what is needed now. Dad is right though. I won't get anymore intense scripture study than this. I'm constantly realizing how imperfect I am and how this work is so much bigger than me. I've come to the conclusion that the MTC is mainly for us to strengthen our testimonies of the doctrine. Again, it is the spirit that teaches and I've found that the best way to invite the spirit in a lesson is by testifying. Every minute of every day is filled with intense study yet at the end of the day it always feels like something was not accomplished. Room for improvement I guess.

K has been sending me a package every week and this last one was filled with Halloween decorations and candy and like four bags of cookies. There was also a cauldron so we use it in our room as the community snack bowl. Last week she asked me if I was among a herd of missionaries that she saw coming from the temple one time. I told her the usual time we head up to the temple on Thursdays so that she would know the time I was around that area. In this last package she mentioned that she was going to try to come to our usual session. Haha :) I didn't see her there but it didn't suprise me that she would make an attempt.

Mother, it sounds like you are learning a lot about the blogging thing! It's good to know that it is so... interactive (the weather thing)! Wish I could see it. And you are learning German! Is Chelsea trying it out?  Let me know how the dividing of the Stake goes. I didn't realize how far away from the world we are until one of our taechers mentioned something about a ton of people getting mad about a conference talk that mentioned that marriage is between a man and a woman. We really have no idea what is going on out there. But maybe that's a good thing? IDK.

I have not heard from Elder Rl! I'm worried that letter I sent might not have gotten to him if he transfered. Would I be able to get his new address?

I'm not sure if that is the scripture I want to use. I'm having second thoughts... IF it's too late then it's too late. I know you're eager to get it done.

Let me know about the trip to San Diego! How's Gpa doing?

So I don't know if you have heard of the P90X work-out but for the past 2 wednesdays Elder A (roomie/frankfurter) has been instructing us at the residence halls. It is this intense ab work-out that disables you after the first time. That time has past for me as I did it for a second time yesterday. The day after is never that bad but the second day... my whole torso felt as if it had been bruised and assaulted. The worst of it was the leg muscles right by the groin area. When your abs aren't that well trained you use more leg muscles than abs and it shows. I couldn't stand up straight for a day or two... But pain is just weakness leaving the body!!! At least that is what one of the Elder's marine shirts says.

What else...

German! So in the next two and a half weeks we will have completed all the German they teach us here and the last couple weeks will be for us to practice. We have our first teaching appointment in German on tuesday. We practiced in class and it made it a lot easier to teach simply. That is for sure.

I know I'll think of something I want to say after my time runs out. But that is life. I've been doing well with the no quoting movies thing. Instead a couple elders and I have been recreating the tunes for certain soundtracks since we can't listen to music here. That can't be the same, can it?

Anyways! Love you all! Want to hear from you!

Elder Evan



No comments:

Post a Comment