This week has been so much better! I talked to my Branch President and he gave me some sound advice but what helped the most were the letters and the support. I love you all so much and want you to know that you are all in my prayers. This past week has given me a lot to think about. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm imperfect and am having to change a lot of my childish behaviors. But what I've come to understand this week is that I'm not alone and that my Savior knows what I'm going through. I can testify that Heavenly Father knows us individually and knows what we need when we need it. So this past week or so I've been thinking a lot about the family and there was this one photo I kept thinking about that I really wanted. The one with H and C and me in the backyard at our old house when we are really little. I really wanted this photo and had intended on asking for someone to send it this week. I went to get my mail and low and behold there was a letter from Chelsea! First thing I noticed when I opened it was that very picture with H and C and me that I so desperately wanted but
didn't tell anyone about. I felt this wave of comfort and love just wash over me! I have since seen many more blessings come from my Heavenly Father. I realize that I am being humbled and that this constant recognition of my flaws is reminding me, not that I can't do it, but that I can only do it with the Lord's help. All is well :) Since being here I have noticed my love for the scriptures grow and increase. Dad, if I could tell your seminary students anything it would be to develop that love for the scriptures now. If I could spend all of my MDT time studying the scriptures I would, but there are a lot of other responsibilities as well. Most of Elder W's and my MDT time is taken up by Zone leader responsibilities. We lost six Elders at the beginning of the week but gained 25 more and 7 more sisters yesterday. We are the oldest now having only 2 weeks and like 5 days or something till we head out. Elder Nelson talked at our devotional last tuesday and Elder Richard G. Scott came to the most recent. He gave us all this handout about how to recognize the spirit and follow its promptings. It's a paper filled front to back with a lifetimes understanding of the spirit. Goldmine! Best thing ever. It might as well be scripture.
didn't tell anyone about. I felt this wave of comfort and love just wash over me! I have since seen many more blessings come from my Heavenly Father. I realize that I am being humbled and that this constant recognition of my flaws is reminding me, not that I can't do it, but that I can only do it with the Lord's help. All is well :) Since being here I have noticed my love for the scriptures grow and increase. Dad, if I could tell your seminary students anything it would be to develop that love for the scriptures now. If I could spend all of my MDT time studying the scriptures I would, but there are a lot of other responsibilities as well. Most of Elder W's and my MDT time is taken up by Zone leader responsibilities. We lost six Elders at the beginning of the week but gained 25 more and 7 more sisters yesterday. We are the oldest now having only 2 weeks and like 5 days or something till we head out. Elder Nelson talked at our devotional last tuesday and Elder Richard G. Scott came to the most recent. He gave us all this handout about how to recognize the spirit and follow its promptings. It's a paper filled front to back with a lifetimes understanding of the spirit. Goldmine! Best thing ever. It might as well be scripture.
I saw K at the Temple today! Not totally in line with the rules but seeing her definitely helped. She came bearing good news as well! I love hearing about the fam. Please send me more news about anything! Even if it seems mundane or insignificant I want to know.
I finally got a letter back from J. I was concerned that with his transfer he wouldn't have received my last letter but it sounds like it got to him.
Have you checked out the new Mormon.org site? It is such a great missionary tool. The design and layout is very user friendly and much more appealing to someone who doesn't know a lot about our church.
I don't know when I'm supposed to call you at the airport because we will be there at like five in the morning. If you want to talk to me that early then I would be down. I won't know my actual departure for another week or two.
My time is running out but I want you all to know that I love you and am grateful for the support and the love and the prayers. I'm working as hard as I can and am realizing how much happier I am when I serve and think more about others and less about myself. I love mail!
Elder Evan

No comments:
Post a Comment