So my district and two others in our zone that have been here the longest had the opportunity to host the new missionaries that come in on Wednesday. Some of us chilled in a room first waiting to help the missionaries that came in via airplane. And who should be one of those missionaries but Elder L! (Elder L is a friend of Evan's from home, who was called to a mission in Mexico). I totally got to host him and take him to his room and stuff. Pretty awesome.
| I love this pic of the Elders doing somersaults in their suits! |
As far as my scripture goes... IDK! I don't know what to use. I kinda like 1 Nephi 21:2-3 now. I still like the Phill. one. I'm hopeless! Just use whatever I guess. I got some more pictures of myself. Most of them turned out really cheesy but one you might be able to use. I don't like serious pictures! I have no way to back up my sd card because there is no way to access those sorts of utilities on the computer. I'll have to send it this once and risk it I guess. If you don't want me to, send me a warning email straight away! I think it will be fine though. I'm printing out my favorites anyway before I leave.
![]() |
| Greenie (Golden) package |
So there is a little more than a week left and the language is... well it is better than when I came in. I think what I've improved the most on is the pronunciation. I'm sure i'll realize otherwise when I hit the field but I consider myself to be pro about getting the Rs in the back of the throat and all the dipthongs etc. Brother L is one of the Branch Presidency counselors and he says I have beautiful pronunciation. I'm not sure if that is true or if he is just being the nice man that he is.
Elder W and I have a fear of not excelling in these last weeks as much as we did at the beginning. You tend to notice that as you reach the end and wonder what more you can do to become a better missionary. But we continue to work and minister to the Zone. We find a lot of our time is taken up doing ZL responsibilities but we enjoy it. This is probably the first leadership calling I've had that I enjoy! And it is all thanks to the Elders we get to serve.
I've been making a list of soundtracks that I forgot to bring with me which I will probably send as a request later but I've been looking at the bookstore here and they don't have this MOTAB CD I want. It's called like showtime or something? They do music from movies and stuff. Sounds awesome. If you see it around sometime...
got to go! ten seconds!
Elder
Pat - I think his time was cut off. He didn't even get the Peterson typed after Elder!!

No comments:
Post a Comment