11 September 2011

Word from Wesel - July 11, 2011


7-11-2011

I will definitely keep them in my prayers. How old is E now? 

I did get the package! That came really fast. Thank you, thank you, thanks! I'm afraid to wear the new shoes and the attached picture will tell you why. That is after I polished them about a month ago. They looked worse before that. The bike seat I have not yet tried out but I am positive I will have an opportunity in the near future. Should be perfect.

Do you have K F's home address?

Oh! Before I forget, we had interviews with President. He wanted me to write home and ask you this question... If he were to call you up and ask you to tell him something about me, what would you say?

I love hearing all of the updates! Here is what is going on here:

This last week was up and down. Our favorite investigator Herr Q has stopped answering his phone and his door. He was sick last time we had contact with him and we thought maybe something bad happened. We ran into one of his neighbors and she said that he is still there and doing ok. That eliminated that possibility. That narrows it down to one of two things, I think. Either he found his 'answer' and realizes what that means and is too scared to do anything or he got some kind of negative influence from some other source (his daughter I think). Either way, we were really depressed about the fact that he is ignoring us. Elder H only had the chance to meet with him a couple times. In the time that Elder H(1) and I met with him we really noticed a change in his faith and his desire to learn more and keep the commandments. Schade.

The 4th sounds like it was a blast there. We went to Duisburg as planned and ate homemade burgers and played Siedlers von Catan. We listened to and sang the National anthem and devoured the, oh so delicious, Krefelder Kraken. It was kind of awkward though... The Krefeld elders, Elder JH and myself get along really well. No matter how hard we try to get the other Elders involved there is always some kind of social barrier. It makes me sad. My companion and Elder JH's companion sat and had a 2-hour long discussion about the BofM, which is totally fine. And then Dusiburg was just quiet the whole time. Hmmm. We all love each other but I guess there will be some social blockades sometimes. Elder JH and I did a split right after which felt really weird. We got along so well and had tons of fun and now that we were back it just wasn't normal. We both described our new companionships, which sounded strangely similar to one another. We think we are both being taught the same lesson. Elder JH and I were companions but friends as well. Our new companions are... companions. I love Elder H to death! He is such a nice guy and has the sweetest most innocent heart. We just aren't friends yet. Mal schauen. I just need to be more patient and love him more. 
The work is going well! We're pretty much starting over but that isn't always a bad thing. Two weeks left in this transfer. We'll see what happens!

Love ya! Tschüss!
Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment