11 September 2011

Word from Wesel - August 8, 2011


Zur zeit – currently
Mal schauen – we’ll see
Tschüss – bye

8-8-2011

Well the week has been good and Elder T and I are getting along really well and working really hard. Zur zeit we only have 2 investigators and the only one that is progressing is the one I told you about last week. She doesn't speak English or German so communicating is a challenge. The funny thing is that we had four non-members at church yesterday, yet for some reason we aren't teaching any of them! Soon... We can see a lot of big things happening soon here in Wesel. 

I love Präsident Schwartz! Not because he sends you mail about me but because of his love for... everyone! You just want to give him a big huge hug all the time but he usually ends up beating you to it. 

The next transfer will start on the 29th and I think the transfer after that starts on the Monday after general conference. That is crazy! I will most likely be staying for at least one more. I think Präsident is going to try and keep the trainers and Goldens together as best as possible for both training transfers. I'm not wishing that I will leave after that but I have been in Wesel since February. That's a long time to stay in one area. Mal schauen. Elder F stayed in Aachen for 8 transfers which is half your mission! I was looking at the calender and my year mark is coming up soon. What is sad though is that I will be able to say I only have a year left before I hit my year mark. You lose 2 weeks and you end up going home on the 6th of September. Yes I counted; I promise I'm not trunky. I just want to know what is ahead of me. Guess I should focus on the here and now.

Speaking of the here and now, Cowboys and Aliens looked entertaining. I only ever read about before I came out here but then I saw pictures of it in a McDonalds magazine thing; looked kind of fun. 

Question for C since I don't see an email from her, which 90’s show is this theme song from? My pop culture knowledge is starting to go down the drain.

'Show me that smile again. Show me that smile! Don't waste another minute on your crying...'

Elder T and I have been trying to figure it out and it's driving us crazy! Speaking of Elder T, he is from Colorado Springs. 

I can't believe H is getting Baptized!!!! And C is going on his mission!!! All of this way intense stuff. How is B doing? 

Concerning packages, if there is any room in there, could you send either teddy grahams or graham crackers? And just so you know, I had a hard time parting with the Christmas tree you sent back in November so I wouldn't worry about sending a new one in the future. 

Did you do anything for G-PA's b-day?

I'm trying to think what happened this week... We've been seeing lots of success in working with the members. That is the way to do it. We talked to this one lady who said we were living off the city (even though we're not) and wasting money and time trying to talk to people when we could be in Africa helping the starving children. She also said we were of no worth. *sigh* That makes me sad. 

All is well. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. But until next time, Tschüss!

Love,
Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment