11 September 2011

Word from Wesel - June 6, 2011

eis – ice (cream)
haltestelle - stop


Thanks for the updates in disasters and mayhem. Besides you, the only updates I get are from one of our investigators who tells us about some kind of flood, tornado or volcanic eruption every time we meet.
  
Yeah, the e-coli is freaking everyone out. There is a younger member in our Branch that is in the hospital right now. They don't know if it has anything to do with that, but I think it could potentially be the problem. So far I have only eaten a salad at a members house, forgetting that we were advised to not to do so. So far, so good. Sis.Ninow warned us of the symptoms. Speaking of the Ninows, they leave in a few weeks! This transfer is over at the end of this week. Next email you get I will be well informed as to whether or not I am staying or leaving. Elder H and I have been together for 2 transfers and any longer than that is apparently abnormal. I'm torn at leaving or staying. I've been here for a while, but I also like it here.

Spaghetti Eis is amazing! It is not real spaghetti. It is ice cream made to look like spaghetti. Then they top it off with an, oh so wonderful, chocolate sauce. They have other varieties but that is our favorite.

I'm worried about those photos I sent. Did they get there safely? I finally have one of our favorite investigator. I might send it in the email.

Thanks again for everything birthday-ish. It was awesome! Hope everyone had good birthdays.

Fun story. Yesterday we were looking for an old investigator in this refugee house. After talking to the lady with the unshaven armpits we were able to locate him and bring him back up to date. We were pretty jazzed because this guy had previously had a baptismal date and been to church. We think he could be awesome. Anyways, we were walking home and it began to rain. At first it was refreshing because right before it had been annoyingly hot. Then it rained harder and harder. This guy driving home was like 'get in!' He was so cool! A young dad with an 18-month-old boy in the back seat. He asked us what we were doing as he drove us to the next haltestelle. We told him who we were and what we were doing. He told us about how he used to be an alcoholic and his conversion to Christianity. Sadly, he didn't have much interest because he was himself in a hurry. He was just being a nice guy. But he was way spiritual. Both Elder H and I felt that he might accept the gospel either in this life or the next. I love little awesome moments of true Christianity like that.

I think that's pretty much everything for now. Thanks for everything! Love you all! Hope X-Men is awesome! Tschüss!

Love
Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment