11 September 2011

Word from Wesel - July 18, 2011


7-18-2011

The last week of the transfer, no idea what is going to happen? Although it is more likely that I could go and Elder H stays. I thought that about the last transfer too. I would be happy staying or leaving but I think Wesel needs another new face.

Thanks for the nice words :) Right now I don't feel like the best most efficient missionary. I'm having a hard time keeping up with Elder H. He always feels the need to be moving which is better than the alternative. But sometimes I like to just take a breath. He's a good example and I'm glad I can work with him. He'll go far on the mish.

I don't really know what to report! Not much happened this week. Elder H was able to get back into contact with Q-Man on a split we had with the Zone Leaders. He is still sick and still having his room renovated. Both make it difficult for him to meet.

Everywhere I go there seems to be giant posters of Harry zapping something or a large stream of green magic coming from Voldemorts wand. *sigh* It will be there when I get back, I know.

Love. Love for the people and a desire for their welfare. That is the most important thing about this work and the most critical in being 'successful.' I seem to be lacking in that area right now. Any suggestions? How does one develop more love? Reading in the scriptures one learns that you should not only pray for love but also with love. Meaning you should already have that mindset. That's tough. I don't know what the deal is :( I'm just not as motivated as I was before to go and cry repentance. Any awesome parental advice?

I'm thinking about collecting different translations of the bible. Elder C, my drit companion from Usingen, had 8 or 9 different translations. He new the major differences between them all, which was pretty helpful when some bible nut tried to feed us false interpreted doctrine. Not saying we should bash. That is not my calling as a missionary... It is useful knowledge, however.

I really don't know what to tell you! The week just went by so fast due to two splits and other factors. It sounds like all is going well where you are. It's true; I did hit my ten-month mark. What is weird though is how fast the time went and how it keeps going faster and faster. This time is precious. I don't want to waste it or have any regrets. How can I make the most of my mission?

I love you all so, so much! Please stay safe and stay healthy. Love the gospel and live it. What a blessing it is! It's not easy and in no way is anyone perfect dazu. Talk to you next week! I'll try sending some photos this week. Tschüss!

Love
Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment