GML – ward mission leader
Gemeinde rat or
gemeinderat (literal translation - community advice or city council) – in other
words ward council
Dinslaken bahnhof –
Dinslaken train station
7-4-2011
Happy 4th! We lucked out
with it being on a P-Day. We are going down to Duisburg to sing some American
songs and eat meat with the rest of the district. Krefeld is bringing their
creation known as the Krefelder Kraken - layered goodness of brownies, peanut
butter, cookies, oreo and drizzled in chocolate. Should be fun. Our GML asked
us what we were doing for P-Day and so we told him. The 4th really has no
significance hear. Go figure.
I promise I didn't get
beat up. Eventually they got off the bahn and we had to do a little back
tracking having missed our stop. We didn't get off at our stop because we
didn't want them following us back to the apartment. I'm safe and sound! You
can rest easy now :) Now about that guy with the knife this last week... JK :)
I LOVE the new Mission
President. He's German so he knows what's up. He pretty much told us not to
plan any time for streets and doors because it is a waste of time. Rather we
should spend as much time with the ward as possible gaining their trust and
encouraging them to invite their friends. That is the way! They already have
the relationships with these people and know who is ready. Granted we will
still do finding on our way to appointments and so forth but this whole new
attitude is way more effective, especially here in Europe. Our GML is on board.
We have Gemeinde Rat tomorrow. Hopefully the whole ward gets excited.
I still keep a good
attitude when doing finding. I can definitely tell the difference in a contact
where I am smiling and outgoing as opposed to one I just sort of get out of the
way. It's just a matter of keeping the first mentality active. I'm not the
biggest fan of talking to people on the street. I've come to love talking and
getting to know people in appointments. That is my favorite aspect of the work
and seeing the gospel work miracles in someone’s life is amazing - the best
part of the work by far. It's all about the people! It's really rare to find
that on the street or at the door though. Rarely does anyone like talking in
that setting. Elder H and I were talking about the fact that with the less time
we have to do straight finding we have to really believe that there are people
out there that the Lord will lead us too and that the Lord will lead them to
us. I also just need to learn to like finding.
The patio looks amazing!
I'm so proud! That sounds like a lot of work to do still but it will be worth
it in the end I think - for sure.
Babylon sounds like it is
doing well. My only concern is that it will take way too much time to catch up
on everything. I guess I'll start with the most important things and visit the
rest if I have time.
I heard that the cycle
change in the next few months is only about 2 weeks so I won't be back in time
to start school in the fall. I think that is what J is doing. Can you believe
that when I hit my year mark J will only have 6 months left?!?!?
Sadly our best
investigator who you hopefully saw the picture of has dropped off the face of
the earth. He won't answer his door or phone. We're not sure if he's ignoring
us or if something bad happened. He doesn't have much contact with the outside
world so the latter really concerns me. Our GML thinks he got an answer and is
realizing the consequences of having that knowledge. Mal schauen.
I got a picture with Jack
Sparrow outside of Dinslaken Bahnhof. I attached the picture to the Email.
![]() |
| Leave it to Elder Peterson to find a movie photo op in Europe!! |
Happy Birthday to Adeline
this week!
Love you al
Ok!
ByeBye now.
Tschüss!
Love
Elder Evan

No comments:
Post a Comment