11 September 2011

Word from Wesel - June 20, 2011

Das Evangelium ist wahr – the gospel is true

Happy Father's day to all the fathers out there! Time seems to be flying fast there just as it is here. We're starting week two of this cycle. ZoKo is tomorrow and our new President gets here next week. I actually found out on transfer day that I did not get Elder Os' golden as a companion but someone else's golden - Elder H(2). Elder H(2) was trained in Usingen of all places, which was kind of fun to hear how it was doing. Elder H (2) is a very good missionary. He's humble, smart, effective and obedient. This will be a great cycle. You're exactly right, I don't want to compare and I'm being really careful to make sure he doesn't feel less important than previous comps. He's more on the quieter side which is not a bad thing, but I hope I can get him to loosen up a little bit... nor is he uptight... I'll say this: He doesn't know how to have fun yet. Without fun I would go crazy. It's a selfish desire, but I won't be effective otherwise.

Youth Conference sounds stressing! But you always do awesome food. The yard sounds like it has already seen a ton of progress since September, which is way awesome. If it looked exactly the same when I got back, as when I had left then I would be concerned. But I know that is not the case. Here is me giving moral support!

I had a quick question. I heard somewhere that you can buy region code 2 dvd players in the states. So it would be like the players here only have a US oriented plug. Is this... true?

We had an interesting appointment with an old investigator this last week, who is now an investigator again. Some 30-year-old guy who smokes weed and has a band. He sat us down and showed us his David Bowie guitar and played us a tape of some of his music. Once we started talking about the gospel and asked him how he first came in contact with the missionaries he told us some random violent story about how he beat up some guy who was a child molester/abuser and how this guy is now paralyzed. He also stomped on the guys’ throat so now he can no longer talk. I thought maybe this would lead into a story about repentance or forgiveness but he just said that he would gladly do it again. He had a four-week-old puppy though which showed us that he had a softer side. Maybe he will progress. His record said he new the Book of Mormon was true but stopped meeting with the missionaries because his boss told him something bad about the Mormons. Mal Schauen. That was the best part of the week though, I think. I love crazy stuff like that.

Special requests as far as package go... not really. Thanks for thinking of me!  Thanks for the love, support, and prayers. Das Evangelium ist wahr! I hope others will begin to see that with time. Talk to you next week! Tschüss!

Love
Elder Evan


No comments:

Post a Comment