11 September 2011

Word from Wesel - June 27, 2011


6-27-2011

It sounds like Youth Conference was a blast! Mom, you've got it figured out, and I am so grateful for that. Actually, I've been thinking a lot about gratitude this past week. I could be much more grateful for all you guys do for me and how the Lord has blessed us out here in the field. So... Thanks! I really don't know how to say it other than that. I love you all.

This week has been a learning experience. Elder H and I definitely have different styles but we are learning from each other. I also went on a split with the Elders in Krefeld this last Friday and Saturday, which was pretty average until we took a seat on a straßen bahn headed for Haupt Bahnhof. These two drunk guys pointed us out as Mormons (a miracle) and were asking us all of these crude questions. I was sitting across from Elder B and these guys behind us made their way up to where we were sitting. At first one of them was talking in German but then randomly switched into really good English, which leads me to believe he would be a smart guy if he wasn't heavily intoxicated. He didn't like me at all and was saying that if he hit me I wouldn't hit him back. But then, looking at Elder B, he said if he hit him that Elder B would hit him back. He could see it in his eyes. I tried really hard not to say anything and when I did it only made things worse. I don't know why I told you that story but it was in itself a learning experience. Elder B said at least now we can say what Paul said and rejoice at the fact we were being persecuted for the sake of the Lord. I feel bad for them actually. So many people don't realize what's up.

I got a distressing letter from J that said it is getting harder and harder to get into BYU. I'm hoping that a good letter of recommendation from the mission pres will help me in that regard.  We all said goodbye to President Ninow on Tuesday at ZoKo. That was a powerful meeting.

 Time is flying. Missionary work is going well. The fear I have right now is getting into a non-progressive flow. One masters rejection first, because you face it a lot. That actually isn't too much of a problem for me. My problem is then expecting rejection. Forgetting that there are actually people who are prepared. It doesn't depress me but the problem is that then the work just becomes work and then you forget to look for people. I remember something from the MTC that was written on a chalkboard in one of the classrooms. 'Learn to fish and not to get lucky.' Any suggestions? 

I love you all and am so very grateful for alles. This is an important work! Tschüß!

Love
Elder Evan

PS Dad, no 'you too?' :)
 Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment