02 October 2011

Word from Wesel - July 25, 2011


7-25-2011

I'M NOT READY TO TRAIN!!!!!!!

I'm scared out of my mind right now at the idea of getting a Golden. It's exciting but frightening at the same time. I was so sure that I was going to be transferred but I guess that just goes to show that I have no idea what the Lord has planned. Poor Elder H is really sad to go. He'll have a good time in Una but his excitement for the work will be missed here. Half our district is being transferred and 3 of the 4 that are staying are training. Elder JH is also training but being sent to a new area in the Heidelberg zone to white wash. I'm sad to see him go, as well as Elder M. It will depend on the new elders we get but Elder B may be the last one in the district to get the gospel related movie references in district meeting. 'We need to open the blast doors in order to recognize the spirit.' Or when talking about the BofM, 'You want this... don't you...'

Thanks for the pep talks. There are lots of good people here there is no doubt about it. I've found that working with the members is really the best way we can do the work. For example, there are two members here, a couple, who went inactive around the time I first got here. In the past month they have been reactivated, have a calling as ward missionaries and have more fire than I have seen yet in any other members. The branch is gaining momentum. They all want to do missionary work but don't know how or sometimes just need a reminder. I think we will start seeing some really cool things soon. Not that we haven't already but you know what I mean.

My fingers aren't puffy :) That was just some random picture I didn't delete.

Those were Tod Flakes you saw but it is just a tin container. Elder H got it at a bookstore.
  
That is too bad about the Stanwood theater :/ what kind of service is that? And thanks for trying to sugar coat it or cushion the big slap in the face with how wonderful HP was... I'll just live bitterly about that fact until I get back and watch it. I don't know if I would have patience to sit through all six other movies though. I already have them memorized anyways.

Missionary work is awesome! And it can be fun. This next transfer (Number 7!) will be a learning experience. I love you all! Thanks for the prayers and support and love. Love you all!
Tschüss!

Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment