11 October 2011

Word from Nürnberg October 10, 2011


 I LOVE Nürnberg. It's way different than Wesel, which is maybe why I like it. Not that I didn't like Wesel but change is good. As for Zone Leader, I don't want to be one of those Elders who's like,

'I was a ZONE leader on my mission. Were you?'
'No'
'Oh. I see.'

There are more responsibilities and an opportunity to serve and work with more missionaries... but other than that I think a lot of missionaries play it up more than it needs to be. There are Zone Leaders in Nürnberg, Erfurt, Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Düsseldorf and Dortmund. Elder A has been in Nürnberg for two transfers so he knows the area really well. Our apartment is huge so we actually have four elders here. One of them is Elder B, who was trained and Golden Busted in my last district. I don't know how I lucked out (most likely) being here for Christmas and in a four-man apartment. We'll have a blast. Elder A is just as awesome as I remember him being. We have four districts in our zone, those being the Würzburg, Coburg, Erlangen and Regensburg districts. Elder Mayle is in Regensburg there which is way fun. We were in the same district for four transfers.
Right now I am doing emails across the street from where the Nürnberg trials took place. There is a LOT to see here for sure. Not that that is why I am here. But I promise I'll experience the city. Transportation is wonderful compared to Wesel. Again not hating on Wesel but if I miss a U-Bahn I don't have to wait 30 min to an hour for another one. Everything is concentrated in the city itself. We do not have a car but I will probably get my license soon anyways. I should have taken care of that a long time ago.

I'm worried about sending stuff home because I know how expensive it is. For that matter I can't really think of anything I want for Christmas. I'll probably leave my Christmas deco here. If anything I'll send some lebkuchen and spekulatius home. LECKER! But yeah, I can't think of anything. Maybe new music if there is anything.

The ward is awesome. They're all characters. Our GML served in Erfurt a long time ago so we bonded over that. There is this one lady who shall remain nameless who scared me. I sat behind her in church and someone next to me had a phone go off. She whipped around and was like, 'Sister! You know we are not supposed to have our phones during the meetings!' She just looked angry. And she was dressed in a very classic German style dress with stockings. She also scares all of the investigators away. Love her!
  
Elder T will keep me updated on Frau J our S Lady.

Sounds like things our going well back home. Keep me updated on the outside world. Even though I am in it I don't know what is going on. Stay healthy and happy!

Love you. Pray for opportunities to spread the gospel! Tschüss!

Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment