Urlaub – holiday
GML – ward mission leader
You guessed it! I am staying in Wesel for a 6th
transfer. Elder T can't stop making jokes about me being in Wesel for eternity.
I like it here, but I will admit that whenever I do get transferred that it
will be nice to see some new things. You know the donkey statues that you see
around everywhere? The city sells smaller ones that you can paint yourself. I
think I'm going to get one to celebrate the Wesel-ness of my mission.
You asked about our Serbian lady. Well she still can't
speak any English or German... but that's not stopping her. She reads
everything we give her several times over and everyone around her talks about
how this blue book she is reading makes her cry. She is super receptive to the spirit
and wants to get baptized. She's been to church a few times but to be honest I
am worried about retention. She needs a relationship with the members, which is
difficult to build when you can't communicate with them. Elder T and I are
trying to figure out what to do. Sadly, half our ward is in urlaub right now
including the branch president and the GML so we can't communicate with either.
She is way awesome though. We gave her the Restoration to watch and she said
she couldn't understand what they were saying but that she watched it 3 times
in a row because she loved the spirit it brought. AWESOME!
So much is happening back home! The family is
definitely being blessed. Do you have pictures of the baptism? And happy 30th!
Not too many wives would appreciate a macbookpro for their anniversary.
I'm blessed to have a mom like that. I don't know what else to say other
than there’s lots of changes it sounds like.
It is the end of summer and the approach of fall. This
is the time of year I usually get anxious for Christmas. But I think it has intensified
on the mission. I may or may not have put up Christmas lights already. Elder T
doesn't mind though. We enjoy the Christmas spirit.
I'm sure there is something to tell you that I have
forgotten about. As usual there is so much that happens that I don't really
know what to write about. I promise I am keeping a journal. Sometimes I have to
catch up for a week or two but it still goes. Love you all! Tschüss!
Elder Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment