11 October 2011

Word from Wesel - September 5, 2011


Bibel Kreis – bible circle


This week is looking to be pretty good. Our whole district is in the same phase right now of trying to find people to teach. While our beloved prophets and apostles advise the members to do the finding so that the missionaries can do the teaching, we can't always rely on referrals to be flowing out our ears. I love our ward, but a lot of them feel like they have no one they can invite. We have been working with them to find locations where we can do the finding. So far so good. What seems like everyday occurrences to us are huge miracles to members and they love it. As advice from our new awesome mission president, we are going to visit some Bible study groups this week. Sounds fishy, I know, but we are really excited. I promise we are not going to bust in and try and convert everyone. That would fail. But president advised us to look for those people who are on the search and prepared. I called this lady of one Bibel Kreis who explained to me how they are a group of people who are looking to best interpret the Bible in a way that they can apply it to themselves. They are open to new ideas and are just looking for the truth. She began to explain to me the people there including couples, singles, a Muslim turned Christian, a man in a wheel chair... all the while I kept getting this feeling that these were the people. These were the people that have been prepared. Don't let your missionaries spend hours knocking on doors! Help them out!

While I'm getting really comfortable here in Wesel I'm also trying to avoid it. When I get comfortable I don't progress and don't learn. I have to admit that there are certain things at home that are still important to me, like my movies and games and friends and... what else... oh yeah! My family too :) I wouldn't say I get trunky over any of it though. As much as I know I will enjoy seeing Harry Potter, it also seems incredibly irrelevant. C doesn't have to worry too much. I'm still going to enjoy it.

I have no specific questions about BYU. Just application stuff. If getting a letter of rec from President would help then I would gladly ask and hope he agrees to it. Also if there is any info on how I could get into the media arts program I would appreciate it.
  
Well. I love you all! I'm doing well and having tons of fun with Elder T. He keeps really excited about the work and he is going to see lots of cool things. I've figured out a good pace and what I think is the right attitude towards the work. I'm happy and lovin' it. Bah dah bah bah dah...

Thanks for everything you do on the home front! I'll preach up a storm. Tomorrow I can say that 'a year from now I will be on the way home.' I don't mean it in a trunky way. Just a very weird fact. Love ya! Tschüß!

Elder Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment