8-1-2011
Being a Trainer is a big
responsibility and I hope I don't corrupt my Golden. We follow the white
handbook and work hard. I'm not anywhere near as amazing as Elder D, but
hopefully Elder T can have a good first experience. We get along really well. I
think President Schwartz was definitely inspired. Elder T is from Colorado and
loves pretty much all things that I love. And he has the same attitude towards
missionary work as I do so it makes it pretty easy to work together. Again, I
just hope I don't engrain any bad habits in him. I don't think I have any...
We had our first real
investigator to church on Sunday since I've been here in Wesel. This Serbian
lady who speaks very little German and, of course, no English. Normally her 12
yr old son translates for us but he couldn't come. Instead we sat next to her
in the bigger meetings and helped her find the scripture passages the speakers
would use so she could have some kind of idea what was going on. The gospel
principles class was pretty easy because it was so small. We pretty much
directed towards her. This lady is way cool though. We met her about a month
ago and didn't think it would go anywhere. Then we met again and she said she
had been reading and praying about the BofM everyday and had read the first
lesson pamphlet through several times. Her kids all testified of that. Then
she asked US if she could come to church. When we told her about the
sacrament she said she didn't want to take the sacrament until she was baptized.
We didn't even talk to her about baptism or anything. We just had a couple
difficult appointments communicating about the BofM. Pretty exciting! Hopefully
she stays strong!
Maybe Nick Fury doesn't
age...
If you guys haven't
checked out Mormon.org and those awesome videos yet you should!
Good news about the L’s,
both E and R. Mensch that's weird about R...(being home already)
News: These next two
transfers will only be 5 weeks long instead of six.
B! That's amazing.
Happy B-Day GPA!
Cats. Don't you love em?
I still can’t believe
Oreo is alive and kicking.
White Wash is the term we
use for an area getting two new Elders as opposed to one just being transferred
in and out every so often. White Washing would be a crazy adventure.
Wesel is doing well. I
hope moldy trailers and yard construction will all go well. I'm helping out in
spirit. Thanks for the love and support! I love you!
Tschüss
Elder Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment