17 October 2011

Word from Nürnberg - October 17, 2011


You may think that your weeks are mundane but it's always big news to me. I feel bad that I probably don't give nearly as much info as what happens here. Sadly, I see everything as just another week in the life of a missionary. I would like to avoid that though. So let me tell you about something awesome from this last week, namely yesterday after church. These past two weeks I've kind of noticed from experiences and stories from the other Elders that the relationship between the members and the missionaries wasn’t really there. So to our surprise, the ward council held a surprise meeting after church strictly for missionary work. The member in charge began bearing his heart and soul out to us about how we need to work together as members and missionaries and that they were sorry for not being on board before. It was really cool. When I was in Wesel we had 1 eating appointment every other week and from what I heard from other returned missionaries that wasn't the best. I got here and the Elders didn't even get that many. Then the relief society president was talking about how we are going to be getting 2-3 eating appointments a week and...  It was just really cool. I love the members. I'm always terrified to talk with them but once I do I'm glad I did. Every member a missionary!

We have a senior couple here in Nürnberg that is in charge of the institute center. They showed us all of the Mormon.org TV ads and told us about all the attention the church is getting. It sounds and looks way cool. President also said that the website will be in German at the start of the year. We should get those ads here in Germany! No one knows anything about the Mormons here accept for the fact that we are a sect, we practice polygamy and ride around in horse driven wagons. False. We do have a member here that is a cop and sometimes police will stop us and ask us if we know him. The truth will definitely come from the members who are asked the questions or just tell it vor by themselves.

Elder Peterson's Christmas
present this year - lederhosen!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Should I get dad some lederhosen as well?  Dad, I feel like I never knew a whole lot about your mission. Just a couple stories here and there. But there is so much more that goes on! You're keeping secrets. Or I just never asked before.

I love you all very much and pray for you all the time! Keep spreadin the word and lovin life! Love you! Tschüss!

Elder Evan




No comments:

Post a Comment