Leide – sadly
Bibel Kreis – bible circle
Gern – gladly
Speaking of Mid-life crisis, I had one last night when
I was looking through our Area book. The more I looked at all the names of the
people I am teaching/have taught, the more I don't want to leave. I would miss
them too much! Then I thought about what it would feel like at the end of the
mission and the thought itself scared me a little bit. I don't want to go! I've
still got a year but it hit me last night that I won't be here forever.
Leide the Bibel Kreis didn't work out. We have a
couple more we are going to try out but this was the one we were really excited
about. I called the main person the night before and she was really excited and
said that her husband was going to pick us up and drive us to their house where
the kreis was being held. But we waited, waited and waited... The blue car that
was supposed to come and pick us up never did and by then it was too late to
take a bus. We did, however, get to see one of our old friends JW Salad man
(who makes a mean JW salad and likes to talk about how the soul goes to sleep).
That was fun to see him again. He likes us.
We might be seeing a baptism here soon. Our Serbian
Lady whose son translates almost accepted a baptismal date before her other 3
year old son farted and swallowed a Euro. As much as we love that little Serbian
Michael Jackson dancing boy, he does know how to drive the spirit away. Bless
his heart.
Last Tuesday we had a mission conference where Elder
David A. Bednar came and told us about how we need to teach ourselves and help
our investigators teach themselves. IT was really cool. I had it gern. Someone
asked him a question about the priesthood, which was even cooler. He started
going into the importance of gender and how women don't need the priesthood
because they naturally turn out towards others where as men tend to be selfish
by and nature and need the priesthood to become more Christ like. It was like a
mind grenade full of spiritual aftermath.
Is this new marketing campaign in response to that new
musical from Matt Stone and Trey Parker? I have heard about it. It sounds like
the church is getting publicity for it. I don't know if it is for good or bad
though.
I hope that is everything. Elder Trent and I are
having fun. He is way awesome and I think I am learning more from him than he
is from me. I can tell I've been here for a while because everyone else can
tell I've been here for a while. Livin' it. Lovin' it. Love you! Tschüss!
Elder Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment