Sprache stadium –
language studies
Der Affen – the monkey
Schlaflos – sleepless
8-15-2011
We have a good three
hours of study in the morning. 1 hour of personal study, 1 hour of comp study
and 1 hour of sprache studium. Now with the new training program we have
another hour of comp study and portable DVD players so we can watch the
District movies and apply what we learn into our own work. Can you
believe that? I think it will help. There is more of an emphasis on being well
prepared and ready to teach in any situation.
For some reason I thought
Planet der Affen was coming out much, much later but then I saw it on the board
to our little local theater. I figured Dad would have seen it and have some
kind of review.
Everything sounds like it
is going quite well out there in western Washington. Lots of changes. One thing
that will never stop being annoying is when I say I am from Washington and
everyone thinks DC. One thing that will never get old is when I say I am from
Seattle and everyone goes, 'Oh! Schlaflos in Seattle!'
This week has been up and
down but that is how it goes. We had a training meeting with president where we
talked about member work and a more effective way of finding, which was the
best thing ever. I'm learning a lot really fast and it makes the time go faster
than ever. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes that's a bad thing.
Elder T is an amazing
missionary who has the best attitude you can have, I think - wanting to
work hard but also effective and at a good pace. I think sometimes he gets a
little homesick but doesn't ever want to say anything. The first couple months
are tough and I see his face sometimes and know exactly what he is thinking.
I'm not sure how to help that other than to try and keep things light but
spiritual.
BTW! Crazy. We went to
this ward party thing and there was this one member that felt bad about never
being able to invite us over for dinner so she gave us this huge box full of
everything two young missionaries need to survive for a few weeks. Being a
missionary is awesome! :)
Hope all continues to go
well. Love ya! Tschüss!
Elder Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment