You would be right in assuming that the five-week
transfer is up. Transfer calls came in early on Friday instead of Saturday due
to conference. After six transfers of being in Wesel I'm finally heading out. I
was quite sad actually. Wesel is my city! I was expecting that though. I was
getting too comfortable in Wesel. I was not expecting to go to Nürnberg or to
be a Zone Leader. Blah :( I can't ever be comfortable doing my thang. Not
complaining! I'm quite excited actually. I just know that whenever I don't push
myself the Lord finds some way to push me out of my bubble. I'm going to be
working with Elder A who is the same Elder A from my MTC group! That will be
fun. All the members told me that I lucked out being in Nürnberg for Christmas
(most likely). Our Zone Leader here in Düsseldorf served there and said there
is lots of history there. Anyway, I'm getting out of the west and heading
south.
I had a lot of questions and was quite grateful that
it was General Conference weekend. I found lots of answers to my questions.
Don’t you just love conference? We watch it here at the church. Everything is
delayed. We get the first session Saturday night, then a recording of the
Priesthood and second sessions on Sunday morning followed by the first Sunday
session live in the evening. Leide we don't get to see the second session of
Sunday. Elder T and I were getting similar messages about repentance and hard
times ahead. I loved Elder Holland’s talk at priesthood session. That was
pretty fiery.
I would be careful with package sending. My bags can’t
handle too much more. I still need room
for me future lederhosen!
We are trying to set up a German class here for our
Serbian Lady. The ward is doing everything they can to help but she does need
to learn German. She understands though, that if she gets baptized that she is
going to be there every week on Sunday. We showed her how to watch Gen Conference
on the Internet in Serbian and she just thought it was the coolest thing ever.
She was defending the church and our beliefs against her mother-in-law’s
beliefs. That was fun. Anyway, she is doing well.
I don't know what else to say! I'm sad to be leaving.
Elder T and I had a blast together. I'm now passing Wesel over to him...
Love you! Sorry for the late email due to our delayed
P-day. I'm sure I'll think of more I wanted to say after. Schuss!
Elder Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment